Quick Starts: Power Amplifier Nth harmonic vs frequencydScope Series III configuration for measuring the THD and individual harmonics of a power amplifier channel over frequency. This configuration uses the dScope Series III SmartFFT detectors to measure THD (not THD+N) by using FFT notch filters to measure the sum of the 2nd to 10th harmonics and display them relative to the RMS level. At the same time, other SmartFFT detectors are measuring the 2nd, 3rd and 4th harmonics in isolation. All four of these measurements are plotted relative to frequency.
Uses a 32k point FFT and a Prism 5 (minimum spread) FFT window function for high noise immunity.
- Requires dScope Series III Software version 1.21p or later
- dScope configuration file (.dsc) with embedded memo notes.
- Save the downloaded file to the dScope Series III configurations folder (typically "C:\Program Files\Prism Sound\dScope Series III\Configurations")
- Load into dScope Series III using dScope File menu "Load configuration" option.
- Can be configured with digital or analogue input to power amplifier (dScope Series III only)
- Not fully compatible with dScope Series IIIA as it uses multiple SmartFFT detectors
|Resource Type: Quick Starts
(File Download) |
Download Link: QS_THD_Nth_Harmonic_vs_Frequency.dsc
Size: 879 KiB